Area Forester – Silviculture Specialist
Location: South Australia
Contract Type: Permanent
OneFortyOne is a progressive softwood, sawtimber forestry organisation who understand that our people are the cornerstone to our success. We are passionate about being a great place to work, have industry leading training and employee development programs, good work life balance and competitive remuneration.
We are looking for an individual with silvicultural and land management skills. The individual needs to be a dynamic and responsible person who will oversee regional silvicultural operations and plantations north of Tarpeena while assuring optimal efficiency, safety improvements and certifications requirements.
Most operations are contracted out with this position having 3 direct reports and supporting functions based at the regional office in Mt Gambier.
The main focus of this role includes: Planting program ~3,500ha/a, tree marking ~7,500ha/a, manual competition control ~1,500ha, conservation and fire protection activities.
The role is based at Nangwarry, approximately 35km north from the thriving regional city of Mt Gambier.
- Qualification: Forestry diploma / degree.
- Experience: 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Sound English written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Police clearance certificate.
- Must be medically fit.
- In depth knowledge of managing contractors and executing silvicultural programs, planting programs, chemical / weed control, thinning regimes and conservation flora management.
- Hands-on experience in fire management with emphasis on fire line supervision. Direct co-ordination of fire line staff, assets and events. Fire protection includes rostered weekend, public holiday standby.
- Sound leadership, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literate, above average Excel and Word skills. GIS skills a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Hands-on and practical approach to challenges.
- Proactive and strong focus on continuous process improvement.
- Energetic, optimistic with innovative qualities and attention to detail.
Learn more about OneFortyOne at www.onefortyone.com
Apply by sending through your CV and a covering letter which clarifies how your knowledge and experience matches the silviculture and fire experience.
For further information and position description please contact: Gary Pearson
Office: +61 8 8724 2736.
Closing Date: 24 August 2019
To apply for this job please click on the link above or below