Assistant Production Manager – Sandile Sawmill (Rance Timbers)
Location: Eastern Cape
Contract Type: Permanent
- The ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER – SANDILE SAWMILL advert replaces the DRYMILL ASSISTANT MANAGER – SANDILE SAWMILL advert.
- Applicants who already applied for the DRYMILL ASSISTANT MANAGER – SANDILE SAWMILL position will automatically be considered for the ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER – SANDILE SAWMILL VACANCY.
- The extended date for applicants to submit their credentials to be noted.
- The successful applicant will report to the Sawmill Manager.
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER – SANDILE SAWMILL
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a leadership role / production management position within a manufacturing environment, preferably in a sawmilling environment would be an advantage.
- Experience in implementing production plans, process controls and quality controls.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Financially literate to interpret management accounts & budgets.
- Knowledgeable and current on basic labour legislation.
- Ability to work under pressure & meet strict deadlines & targets.
- A sound ability to manage and motivate people and communicate at all level levels of the organization.
- A sound ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with persons from different cultures.
- Willingness to work additional hours as required.
- Assist in planning, controlling, and managing the operations of the production department.
- Assist in ensuring the performance, productivity, efficiency, and financial performance of the division through the implementation of effective methods and strategies developed by your superior.
- Implementing policies and procedures to maximise output and reduce risk
- Assist in managing and motivating all staff in accordance with labour laws and company policies
- Ensuring the maintenance and maintenance scheduling of all machinery and equipment in department
- Ensuring a high-level housekeeping standard in the department
- Assist with control over expenses for the responsible area to be in line with budgetary parameters.
Closing date for applications will be Friday, 19th August 2022.
Should we not contact you by the 31th August 2022, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.