Diesel Mechanic – Vryheid Area
Sector: Forestry and General
Contract Type: Permanent
Maintenance of Vehicles and Equipment:
- Maintenance of trucks, tractors, cranes, trailers, loggers and debarkers
- Ensure service levels are adhered to as per factory specifications
- Perform repairs (mechanical or otherwise) as required and instructed
- Weld, repair all materials and equipment
- Responsible for periodic checks on machinery.
- Give feedback on preventative maintenance and repairs completed.
- Delegate work to the workshop assistance and manage the efficiency and quality of their work.
- To assist in annual mechanical budget
- Assist in training of machine operators and drivers
- Complete monthly returns / accurate record keeping
- Making special tools
- Assist with building maintenance
- Ensure that the workshops operations are safety compliant
- Ensure cost effective repairs and services are carried out
- Stay abreast with new legislation and manufacturers specifications and upgrades by attending training.
- Assist with firefighting when required
Trade test – Diesel or Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic
At least 5 years post trade experience in a similar role
Must be prepared to live in Vryheid or surrounding area.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
To apply for this job please click on the link above or below