Electrician (MTO Group)
Location: Western Cape
Contract Type: Permanent
MTO Forestry requires the service at their GEORGE SAWMILL located in the WESTERN CAPE region for the following:
Position: Artisan Electrician
Paterson Band: C2
Job Type: Permanent
Location City / Town: GEORGE
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Assist artisan to maintain plant equipment efficiently on a high standard
- Do night shift duties i.e. electrical trips, motor changes, contactors, light circuits and preventative maintenance inspections.
- Advises: Artisans semiskilled
- Liaises: He liaises directly to the electrician and or maintenance foreman/manager. All faults and repairs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
- Std 10 and NQF level 4 electrical qualification.
- Trade certificate
- Red seal electrical certification
JOB SPECIFIC TRAINING
- Basic electrical circuits
- Reading of drawings
- Assist electrician with repairs to machine
- Assist electrician with planned maintenance
- Trained to do safety inspections
- Trained to do basic testing and the correct use of testing instruments
- First line fault finding on electrical circuits
- To also work independently on electrical circuits.
- Test wiring of electrical motors. Three phase and single-phase motors
- Panel wiring of star delta starters and forward and reverse circuits
- Clear understanding of 220v circuits pertaining to lights and plugs
- Basic electrical knowledge of volts, amps and ohms
- Be able to build beam sensors and pulse witches into existing circuits
- Correct use and interpretation of measuring instruments i.e. multimeter
- Replace circuit breakers, contactors and overloads by himself.
- Be able to do basic fault finding
- Be able to read and make electrical drawings
- PLC programming experience
- Cognitive Skills
- Technical Skills
- Computer literacy
- Analytic / Design Skills
- Information literacy
- Problem structuring / resolution
- System design
- Appreciative Skills
- Technical Skills
- Behavioral Skills
- Personal Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Organisational awareness
- Personal Skills
PLANNING NECESSARY ON THE JOB:
- Executing of all repairs- minor and major
- Planning and execution of preventative maintenance work.
- Installation of new equipment at a safety standard
- Keep downtime as low as possible by planning around production needs.
- Identify all equipment that does not have a maintenance schedule within area of responsibility
DEADLINES IN THE JOB
- To form parts of project teams with specific deadlines with possible weekend work
DEGREE OF DECISION-MAKING
- To advise and act in unsafe electrical installations and situations.
- Report back on tasks completed
- NQF level 5 or higher essential
- Wireman’s license will be an advantage.
- PLC experience and excellent fault-finding skills essential (at least 3 years)
- Drives and Programming of Drives Essential (soft starter and VSD Weg, ABB, LENCE and SEW)
- Excellent fault-finding skills.
- Olifantsfontein Red seal Essential
- Correct and neat panel building skills.
- Experience in production plant
- Must work shifts
- Must be able to work overtime in emergency situations on short notice
- Must be medically fit – working on heights
- Previous experience essential, at least 3- 5 years (sawmill environment will be an advantage)
- Ability to work independently imperative
- Must have sober habits
- Must have excellent communication skills considering emergency situations
- Must be able to communicate in English and Afrikaans.
- Must be diligent and reliable.
- Computer literate will be an advantage.
- Driver’s license
- Must have reliable transport (Callouts).
Please supply all relevant documents
Housing: No housing
Transport: No transport
Closing date for applications: 16 May 2021