Mechanised Operations Senior Forester
Location: South Africa
Contract Type: Permanent
Siyakhula Forestry Contractors
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Mechanised Operations Senior Forester to lead and coordinate our mechanised silvicultural operations. Siyakhula Forestry Contractors enjoys world class safety standards and the safety processes are an integrated part of our operations. The successful incumbent will actively participate as a member of a multifunctional team.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for the following duties;
- Execute and achieve the Annual Plan of Operations for our mechanised silvicultural and fire protection activities.
- Plan and execute the re-establishment program (mechanised pitting & planting ops.) to ensure maximum stocking within silviculture standards is achieved.
- Plan and carry out timeous weed control operations (mechanised spraying, discing & flail ops.) to achieve maximum yields.
- Execute Fire Protection Plan and ensure that all resources are ready and available to immediately respond in the event of a fire.
- Adhere to safety standards
The ideal candidate must be a team player with a focus for attaining results with minimal supervision who in addition should meet the following attributes;
- Diploma/Degree in Forestry/Agriculture or Farm mechanical qualification as a minimum
- At least 10 years practical experience.
- Mechanical background with particular experience in hydraulic systems as well as farm vehicle maintenance and operation
- Clean driver’s license
In return Siyakhula Forestry Contractors, is offering a competitive salary commensurate with the successful incumbent’s education and experience
Interested candidates should send in detailed CV with at least 2 traceable referees. Should you not receive a reply to your submission, please assume your application has not been successful.
Application Closing Date: 15 November 2019
To apply for this job click the apply button above or below