Small Business Unit Manager
Location: South Africa and Western Cape
Contract Type: Permanent
Department: MTO – Retreat (Decorative)
Reporting to: GM: MTO Global
As part of an extensive growth strategy, an opportunity has arisen for a Small Business Unit Manager to join a company that is a global leader in timber products, offering a fully integrated one-stop-shop through access to a range of high yielding certified forests throughout Africa.
We are looking for someone who has a hands-on management ethos to manage the Castle Timbers Operations at their Operations Plant in Retreat. Castle Timbers is proudly linked and associated with the MTO Forestry Group. You must have 3-5 years’ experience in finance, operational and people management, aligning the Castle Timbers operations to support the Group business strategy driving efficiencies, and optimization at all levels of the value chain.
- To achieve set goals in operational execution, revenue, profit and value enhancement, as well as employee and customer satisfaction by directing the operation of the assigned area of responsibility and its organization.
- The candidate should also be fully conversant with the mechanics of compiling, analyzing, managing and reporting on budgets, including but not limited to monthly performance presentations.
- Minimum tertiary qualification in the form of a relevant degree is required. A minimum of 3-5 years’ operational management experience at a junior/mid management level is essential.
- Involvement with project management, systems and processes and service agreements necessary.
- Excellent operational understanding, strong operational planning and implementation skills and sound financial skills
Competencies / Skills:
- Strong presentation skills coupled with the ability to influence and work in a team environment
- Ability to interpret complex information rapidly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with conflict or avoiding potential conflicts
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Please apply with a brief summary of your qualifications and experience.
This appointment will be made strictly in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
To apply for this job please click on the link above or below