Qualifications: Msc Forestry
Annual Package Range: USD 0.00 - 150 000, per annum
Total Years Experience: 27 Years
Home and other languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese
Online Interview Questions
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
To elaborate technical proposal with strategic crops that could reactivate the State primary sector. Nowadays I have finished a technical proposal for native maize and coconut; both crops are completely relevant because could be developed with small farmers.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
- First, the organization must be clear and well-defined about their goals and achievements to reach in the short and long terms.
- Second, Strategic planning should be developed to evaluate the human and economical resources available in order to reach achievements defined by the organization. If necessary, to include in the program additional requirements.
- Third, to analyze and careful review that every profile matches with the job position description; otherwise try to find the proper personnel to achieve the goals defined by the company.
- Fourth, be clear with the board OR directors about the support required to reduce the learning curve especially when you are starting any project.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
- With more than twenty years of experience I really enjoy my profession.
- I am a committed & honest person, capable to work in different environments. I have a strong passion to help people (communities and organizations) trying all the time to find the proper solutions in the different projects developed.
- I am creative and self-motivated, all the time like to create strategic teams to drive them in the way to achieve outstanding goals, always focusing on cost efficiency goals.
- I like challenges and all the time solving problems, frequently through the use of innovations.
Currently, I am looking for an opportunity overseas.
4. Ideal business title:
- Forestry Director
- Project Manager
- General Manager
- Forestry Manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
6. Skill area of competence:
- Tree breding
- Forestry nursery management
- Land valuation & procurement
7. Career summary:
- 10 years in R&D forestry and Palm oil.
- 10 years in managerial, Forestry.
- 7 years as forestry and crops adviser.
- Almost all the time I have had the opportunity of saving money and resources, because it´s part of the spirit of working in areas such as R&D, in this area we add value for the companies.
- In a practical way working in nurseries I helped develop a rooting scheme with pines, reaching more than 90% of efficiency and reducing cost production compared with seedlings. For the same company I reduced losses changing the species initially proposed, because those were not suitable for the local weather conditions.
- For a teak company, I improved the quality of their plantations through the use of clonal material from different sources, today is the base of Its expansion.
- I reduced the investment risk for an African company that was building a first world class laboratory, but with the lack of evidence about which kind of genetic material they were going to propagate in the lab. A terrible weakness. In addition, I strongly suggested to hire an international technical team to support all the strategic areas in the different projects managed by this group.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
- I really enjoy supervising field activities, It is the best way to ensure that everything is doing well and find opportunity gaps in the organization.
- I love to integrate all the different areas of any project, in order to find and integral solution for specific problems.
I enjoy starting projects because give me the opportunity to be involved since the beginning trying to reduce the risks.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
- I am multicultural, like to work in companies with: