Annual Package Range: US dollar - USD 0.00 - 150 000, per annum
Total Years Experience: 11 to 15 years
Home and other languages: English
Ethnicity: African / Black
Assistant Plantation Manager
Online Interview Questions
Current / most recent job title?
Assistant Plantation Manager
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
- Manage agronomy and production within a total 2300HA of oil palm plantation.
- Tasked to produce solely 1600 metric tons of FFB and ensure accessibility for full crop recovery. Deliver 0% losses by end 2019.
- Manage 700 workers effectively including superintendents, supervisors, overseers, headmen/women and labourers.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
- Solely manage 2300 hectares of oil palm Plantation-Nursery, Planting, upkeep and production.
- Manage 700 workers (+ or – 50) including superintendents, supervisors, overseers, headmen and labourers.
- Manage all agronomic aspects to create unimpeded access for total crop recovery, better farm sanitation and lower pest and disease incidences.
- Budget preparation and management (operation and capex) within project scope.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
- Goal getter and team player
- Plantation establishment and management from Greenfield clearing, processing, marketing, sales and quality control (Oil palm, rubber and cereals production)
- Smallholder management, programme and projects, technology transfers and farmers training and yield improvements.
- Budget preparation, management and administration within project execution
- Team and labour management. Good labour interfacing skills and union negotiations
- Flexibility, top notch listening skills, good communication skills
- Good Information management, team management and stakeholder management abilities
- Diverse and competent in speaking seven (7) Ghanaian languages and English
- RSPO lead auditor with industry certification experience
- Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, power point and internet
4. Ideal business title:
Plantation or Farm Nursery Manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Farm management, budgeting, labour management, reporting to CEO or Board, financial management and departmental supervision.
6. Skill area of competence:
Agronomy, labour management, logistics management, budgeting, nursery management, environmental management, sustainability, RSPO
7. Career summary:
- Plantation management – 12 YEARS
- Agronomy – 12 YEARS
- Agro-processing -5 YEARS
- Undertook land clearing for new development, roads creation, blocking and plotting, other field infrastructure like drains and bridges.
- Recruited, trained 180 main harvesters and 60 pruners to open 1850 ha of oil palm for first harvest in September 2017. This represents 80% of available mature area within the division.
- Solely responsible for all aspects of a 2300ha division and part of extended
- Plantation team managing 6500 oil palm and 3000 rubber
- Have collectively achieved a plantation yield of 9.5 tons/ha/yr. in the as at 3rd quarter of 2019. Working towards a projected 11.0t/ha/yr. by end of year 2019.
- Contributed to FFB sales revenue of $3,500,580 (end 3rd quarter) in 2019 to support financing aspects of our recurrent costs.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Managing resources and achieving critical results
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
Agricultural or agribusiness company