Qualifications: B-Tech - Forestry and N.Dip - Forestry
Annual Package Range: SZL 151 000 - 250 000, per annum
Total Years Experience: 6 to 10 years
Home and other languages: IsiNdebele, English, Other
Ethnicity: African / Black
Online Interview Questions
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Felling of trees, extraction, processing, loading and transportation of timber to different specified markets
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
- Harvesting operational planning
- Recruitment and training of employees
- Matching equipment to site
- Safety aspects
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I am a hard worker who is flexible to work under diverse environments. I am keen to see things working out up to the end. I am self driven and motivated by achieving results.
4. Ideal business title:
- Harvesting Forester
- Silviculture Forester
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
- Managing contractors
- Ensuring timber is supplied as per customer requirements both in quality and quantity
- Ensure planting out is carried out on time
- Fire prevention and suppression activities to be maintained
- Ensuring the operations adhere to safe working standards and meet FSC standards.
- To carry out APOs on time
- To carry out work and time studies
6. Skill area of competence:
- Transport and logistics – 3 years
- Timber harvesting – 5 years
- Silviculture – 1 year
In 2016, the company was struggling to meet its volume obligations. I then carried out time studies to come up with realistic targets, changing working methods so as to reduce on downtime, employment of many people and improve the safety aspects of the whole operation.
8. What do you absolutely love doing?
9. Ideal company (culture and values):
- A dynamic company that welcomes individual ideas and opinions
- A company thrives to grow internally and externally
- A company that upholds the norms and ethics of professional business