Nationality: South African
Qualifications: B-Tech - Forestry and N.Dip - Forestry
Annual Package Range: R 151 000 - 250 000, per annum
Total Years Experience: 1 to 2 years
Home and other languages: IsiZulu, English
Ethnicity: African / Black
Online Interview Questions
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
- Administration, Production and Safety planning and Control, Management of forest operations overseeing and ensuring that operations are done according to best operating practices taking into account local circumstances.
- Stakeholder management, grower and farmer training and development in forestry and agricultural principles; farm, farmer and grower assessment; Timber and agriculture produce marketing, sales and management including procurement, Database creation, maintenance and management including mapping with Google earth and ArcGIS to include grower information and site information to facilitate optimized production.Working Group Member on Rural community development in relation to forest certification on the South African Forestry Assurance Scheme (SAFAS) endorsed by the PEFC.
- Mentoring and training interns.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Planning and a functional team.
3. Ideal business title:
Planning Forester / Technical Forester / Management Forester (All of these are the same thing)
4. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
- Database Management
- Stock Enumerations
- Data Collection
5. Skill area of competence:
- Forest Management – 2 Years
- Silviculture – 2 Years
- Harvesting – 2 Years
- Mapping – 2 Years
- C# Programming – 4 years
6. Career summary:
- Forestry = 2 years
- Agriculture (Crop production) = 2 years
- Agriculture (R&D) = 16 months