Qualifications: B-Tech - Forestry, Certificate, and Diploma
Annual Package Range: USD 0.00 - 150 000, per annum
Total Years Experience: 20 to 30 years
Home and other languages: English, Other, IsiZulu
Ethnicity: African / Black
Online Interview Questions
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
- Management of Safety, Health and Environment to achieve company objectives
- Budgeting and managing costs in accordance with the approved budgets
- Management of production to achieve 100% output against targets
- Managing company assets, movable and non movable.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
- Budget effectively
- Manage, Monitor and Control Costs
- Motivate the team to Achieve results
- Lead, teach and manage safety
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
- Able to motivate the workforce to achieve the set goals
- Ability to manage the budgets to the required levels and to manage and control costs to achieve the set targets
- Instilling discipline on the team to achieve high level of professionalism in all levels.
4. Ideal business title:
- General Manager
- Forestry Manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
- Strong Leadership and Analytical Skills
- Operational and Profit loss
- Maximising the value of the Forestry
6. Skill area of competence:
- Financial – Budgeting
- Marketing – Negociating Skills
- Planning – Strategical and Tactical
- Health, safety and Quality Management
7. Career summary:
- Forestry 29 years
- Health and Safety
- Reduction of forest fires by 50%, when I was in Sappi, by suggesting a reward to anyone who effectively catch the culprits of burning the plantations.
- Production shoot up positively to more than budgets in Tanzania immediately when I joined after so many years of recording negative figures.
- The forestry division recorded positive variance for the first time the year I joined in Uganda
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
I love to be successful in my execution of duties therefore I create development and solve problems.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
The company that has values and ethics. The company that has clear long term strategic plans and that respect the worker’s rights and endeavour to lift up the workers as well as respect its stakeholders.